My Gure postion really broke out. Unfortunately, I did not have a ton of size on the trade.
It then started to fade. I added on the theory it will hold its weekly support and the surge will resume. If I'm wrong, I'll have a tight stop to the downside. Still I get the feeling I should have been selling instead of adding. As a faded pop, often goes lower than where it started originally.
Stopped 2.25 (.04 slippage)
I played this poorly. After the initial breakout attempt failed, I should have lightened up. Instead I held for far to long and had too much risk on this trade that was never a great set up.
After being stopped out early this week (May 5) I jumped back in. I figured if this could fight off a failed breakout and rally even harder it is going to go. As it came in today I bought at 9.42. Pleased to see that it rallied all the way back to 10.
Bought 4.62. I thought this was up due to earnings and would fishhook. Problem is that the gap is due to a buyout by CIEN. I'm not in the merger arbitrage trade business. I'll exit tomorrow.
I nailed ADRO for a good gain off the bottom The back test has now held 2 days in a row. I'm back in at 29.10
with a stop 27.30 I could see this getting back to the mid-30s
My last two A.h. gap plays worked, So I'll try it again. As volume is not as strong the gap (if any) is not likely to be as large so I'm playing it progressively smaller.vIt actually got slammed today but the A.h. often will give relief.