Monday, November 3, 2014

Closed: TUBE, YOD, Day trade BABA

Today was kind of a a "meh day."  I didn't get much traction on anything.  I closed 3 positions for a total of 1R profit.

First Tube.   This was just a disappointing trade as it had potential but faded once it looked it would gain traction.  I really dislike b/o faders.  So I banged it out.  This needs to set up as a flag again and I would bet that it is going to take 15-20 days before it is ready to breakout.

Trade Summary
Entry: 15.09
Exit: 15.43
+ .26R

My entry was relatively poor in this stock as an entry at 14.80 should have been had.  But what ever, this is what it is.


YOD:
On the Short side my fade of YOD played out perfectly.  I bought it in as the volume started to dry up.  I had set a buy order at 1.86 last night--turned out to be the LOD.  That being said, so did some other traders and I didn't get filled there I got filled.  I banged it out at $1.94

Entry: 2.19 avg
Exit: 1.94
.58R

This one worked out well.  No need to be a hero or wait for another .20.
BABA:
Baba set up for a nice breakout. 101.20.  It made a nice run after word hitting a high of 102.80.  I am very adverse to b/o fades and I hate taking a loss after I'm up over a pt in a stock so I moved my stop to 101.75.  Although that held for most of the day a late day plunge took me out -- filled at 101.77
Trade summary
Entry 101.20
Exit: 101.77
.18R  BABA then decided to surge on A.H. trading as traders wanted to get in before earnings.  I thought I saw a 105 print which would have been good for at least 3R from my entry.  Oh well--protect capital first.



No comments:

Post a Comment