It's been a couple of crazy, busy, and profitable days. I've put risk on took risk off played MOMO and Mean Reversion Trades. I'm trading very cautiously with reckless abandon. By that I mean I am taking a lot of shots but if they are not working I'm getting out very quickly. Given the number of trades I've taken I'm doing a bulk update.
Closed VSR -Pre-market 6.13. There was a Seeking Alpha hit piece, The ebola trade is getting crowded and at some point it will end in dramatic fashion. I believe in booking profits and this one went for over 3R without a single minute of exposure to regular market hours, which would have been subject to a brutal pull back.
Exit 1: 5.50 (31%)
Exit 2: 6.13 (46%)
This had some momentum behind it and I had hoped it would continue. It seemed to get stuck, so I bailed.
Exit 1: 4.18
Exit: 2. 4.05
This former momo beast started to show some renewed energy on a new patent and a new order. I though this move and news might prompt something bigger. I took a small starter position. Not to be it dropped hard.
A blast from the past. Could it be bottoming? Bought 44.88 seemed to be fading. Do I trust this market? Nope
Exit 1: 45.61
Exit 2: 45.22 +141
So the markets fading but my LEAF trade has somehow miraculously not only held up after nearly being stopped ( I was probably down 1.5R with a 2R stop,) it gained that all back and somehow I'm green on the position. Market volatility is increasing. I decided to cut my position size for a small gain:
Exit 1 (partial): 33.86
So this one is in a waterfall. It started to make a comeback, I didn't see it with the ebola thing going around. Who wants to fly these days? If no one flies hotels suffer.
Entry: 62.72 (target 60)
S&P makes a 60 point drop and then a V- Shaped Recovery
Stopped out on MAR. 63.75---stop hunting bastards--MAR thing then got crushed and hit my original profit target before the markets made their come back hitting a low of 59.61 oh what could have been.
Entry: 62.72 (short)
It Showed some signs of strength today, SLCA was positive so I fired away: 44.74 (cheaper than yesterday) stop at 42.75. Obviously a M/R trade which was more successful today than yesterday. I'm digging these lower highs.
As much as I loved this setup, the market was selling off. I reduced exposure yesterday and today I threw in the towel. This was a MOMO Burst setup and those trades have not worked. It then faded but again showed strength. If this was a even a neutral market, I would be into this set up in a big way.
Exit: 1: 33.86
Exit: 2 33.85
(call it break even)
Back to Ebola land. Thought it was going to pop, bout at 9.30 It decided to drop got out at 8.91. -.39 loss.
Exit: 8.91 (.99 stop - I hate slippage)
This was a short on some false claim that OBCI made "THE" ebola disinfectant approved by the CDC. Big profits here:
ENTRY 1: 5.30
Entry 2: 4.92 (avg. 5.11)
Exit 1: 3.99
Exit 2: 3.94
So the markets started rallying with about an hour to go. Volatility crush play. M/R trade Bot @ 25.39 and rode all the way up to 28+. I wanted to take this trade through to tomorrow but... NFLX missed and got hit and XIV started dropping, (and fast) it took me at least 3 attempts to catch it before I could bang it out at 27.01 I just can't trust this market.
Back to Ebola land. I've loved the A.H. activity in these stocks they just drift up. Bought 6.85. Out at 7.20. Again, I just don't trust this market or I would have tried to dream trade it. Quite frankly, this much activity is exhausting.
Holding: PIP, HCLP
Was this worth it? As of yesterday: