This is one that has the potential to be Taser 2.0. I've been stalking this one since it was in the 2.70s. It pulled back at one point over 10% so I pounced and picked up a starter position. I anticipate that it could pull back more as it is still very extended.
So why do I like this:
So why do I like this:
Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Fiscal third quarter 2014 revenues grew by $5.8 million or 271% to $8.0 million, compared to $2.2 million of revenues in the fiscal third quarter of 2013.
- Strong demand from international markets continued to drive growth, including the delivery of a $4.0 million order for border security to a country in the Middle East.
- Net Income: Net Income of $1.9 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, increased by $3.0 million from a loss of $1.1 million, or $0.03 per share, reported during the fiscal third quarter of 2013.
- Gross profit of $5.0 million, or 63.1% of revenues, compared to $915,000, or 42.4% of revenues, due to the strong revenue growth, favorable fixed overhead absorption and favorable channel mix.
- Operating expenses increased by $1.1 million or 53%, primarily due to commissions paid to third party sales representatives, bonus accruals for meeting forecasted performance targets, and salaries, travel and consulting fees related to business development personnel, partially offset by a decrease in legal expenses due to a lawsuit in the prior year.
- Balance Sheet: Cash totaled $21.2 million at June 30, 2014, an increase of $5.4 million from the $15.8 million reported at September 30, 2013. Working Capital increased to $26.6 million from $23.7 million over the same period.
Nine Months Ended June 30, 2014 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Revenue for the nine month period ended June 30, 2014 totaled $17.2 million, representing an increase of $8.9 million, or 107%, from the $8.3 million for the nine month period ended June 30, 2013.
- Net Income: Net Income during the nine month period ended June 30, 2014 totaled $2.6 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, a $4.3 million improvement from the $1.7 million loss, or $0.05 per share, reported for the nine months ended June 30, 2013.
"Increased product offerings, additional business development staff and support, and continued expansion of international markets offset domestic defense budget reductions, and led to nine-month revenue that exceeded revenue for the full fiscal year 2013," commented Tom Brown, President and CEO of LRAD Corporation. "Our fiscal third quarter, in particular, was positively impacted by sales of our border security solution, the LRAD 2000X, which saw a $4.0 million shipment to a Middle Eastern country to assist in their border and perimeter security program."
LRAD is also doing a share-buy-back where they are retiring the shares being purchased.