Saturday, July 25, 2015

Market overview

I've traded a lot and haven't updated the journal for individual trades.  For the first time this year, I find my self entirely on the short side. But like buy strength on longs, I'm selling the weakest stocks short. 

But first some index charts

VIX: RSI - piked up support -- look for a run to the green line


Biotech:  Earlier this month, and most of this year biotech were strong.  This week my biotech trades did not hold breakouts and I was repeatedly stopped out of them. 

BIB, The index although one of the most bullish sectors got its breakout rammed back down.  If there's a positive it would be the that the volume is diminished.  This could start an avalanche and really get going to the down side.  

IWM:



TRANSPORTS:
Transports have been weak for most of this year I think the move below the RSI support line and failed rally up to 10week and RSI line is an ominous signal.
\

ENERGY:
The phrasing continuous-- volume still strong but not blow capitulation strong. 

Financials: I have no concerns yet with this sector-- It appears to be the pocket of strength sure it was down on the week but is holding the 20 day.   Bullish trades probably can still be found here. 

Individual shorts:
GMCR:
This stock is massively wounded

FWRD:
Struck hard on high volume

Should continue to drip

entry 48.64
RPD:
entry 17.08

Blowing out the bottom on the longer scale
ATI:



No comments:

Post a Comment