Tuesday, December 23, 2014

OPENED NQ, UCO

NQ got a buyback announcement and the stock rallied hard.  The stock is coming from an oversold position but it is still a short IMO as the rally took it to the top of this recent trend line, which will be resistance. In addition, announcing 80 mill in a buyback will do little as it does not require NQ to buy the shares.  I don't feel this news warrants a 35% move as the news prior was pretty ominous. 

The past history of this company demonstrates that with past buy back programs, the company only bought a small portion of the shares and issued many more shares in multiples the amounts bought back. The company has not retired any stock repurchased.

I'm taking my initial tranche here.  



UCO
I bought UCO today, as a M/R trade.  I feel this has a well-defined risk limit. My prior energy play reversion trades, ERX have worked And this could get going with a small bounce in oil.
Entry 11.74
Stop: 10.80

No comments:

Post a Comment